Early Years Services provide a variety of support and educational programs, offered at the Early Years Centre, located 33570 11th Avenue (Windebank Elementary School) in Mission.
The programs support families with young children aged 0-6 years, in building healthy relationships and community networks. Our location offers a welcoming, nurturing and respectful environment where parents and their children can spend quality time together through a choice of programs that meet their needs.
Hours of Operation:
Our services at the Early Years Centre operate year round with both a regular schedule (September-June) and a Summer Schedule (July 1-Labour Day).
We are closed for all major holidays.
Regular Service Hours are:
Monday, Tuesday and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
We are closed from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm for lunch
For further information about our services email us at email@example.com or call 604-826-6194
Early Years Programs include:
Child Care Resource and Referral (CCRR)
- Supports families with referrals, subsidy assistance, parenting information and workshops.
- Child Care providers are supported with referrals, professional development, networking opportunities, and consultation services
Toy Lending Library
- Offers high quality educational and interactive toys and games
- Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings
- Families who are registered can borrow toys for up to three weeks to enjoy at home.
Community (Family Place and Tree House) Drop-ins
- Opportunities for you and your child to interact with others while developing social skills
- Parents benefit from meeting other parents and sharing information and support
- Serves families with children 0-6 years of age
Keep Calm and Carry on
- A weekly program that offers parent support and parenting information
- Includes a light dinner with child minding
- An interactive parenting program for families with children 0-5 years
- Learn about child development, health and behaviours
- A fun and interactive program for parents and children 0-23 months
- Enjoy learning new rhymes, songs and stories
- Program runs for 10 weeks
Triple P Parenting
- A parent education program for parents of children aged 2-12 years
- Light refreshments and child-minding are provided