Early Years Services provide a variety of support and educational programs, offered at the Early Years Centre locations (CCRR is at Room A184 (Annex) at Heritage Park Middle School, 33700 Prentis Avenue in Mission, and Family Place is at Room 125, Mission Central Elementary School, 7466 Walton Street, Mission).
The programs support families with young children aged 0-6 years, in building healthy relationships and community networks. Our locations offers a welcoming, nurturing and respectful environment where parents and their children can spend quality time together through a choice of programs that meet their needs.
Hours of Operation:
Our services at the Early Years Centre operate year round with both a regular schedule (September-June) and a Summer Schedule (July 1-Labour Day).
We are closed for all major holidays.
Regular Service Hours are:
Monday, Tuesday and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
We are closed from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm for lunch
For further information about our services email us at email@example.com or call 604-826-6194
Early Years Programs include:
Child Care Resource and Referral (CCRR)
- Supports families with referrals, subsidy assistance, parenting information and workshops.
- Child Care providers are supported with referrals, professional development, networking opportunities, and consultation services
Toy Lending Library
- Offers high quality educational and interactive toys and games
- Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings
- Families who are registered can borrow toys for up to three weeks to enjoy at home.
Community (Family Place and Tree House) Drop-ins
- Opportunities for you and your child to interact with others while developing social skills
- Parents benefit from meeting other parents and sharing information and support
- Serves families with children 0-6 years of age
Keep Calm and Carry on
- A weekly program that offers parent support and parenting information
- Includes a light dinner with child minding
- An interactive parenting program for families with children 0-5 years
- Learn about child development, health and behaviours
- A fun and interactive program for parents and children 0-23 months
- Enjoy learning new rhymes, songs and stories
- Program runs for 10 weeks
Triple P Parenting
- A parent education program for parents of children aged 2-12 years
- Light refreshments and child-minding are provided