The Care Resource and Referral worker is the public face of the CCRR team at MCSS, providing resource and consultation services to parent and family-based childcare providers in the Mission area. This opening is for 18 hours per week.
What you’ll do
• Manages Registered Licensed-Not-Required (RLNR) Caregiver files by ensuring all required documentation is up to date and current such as Doctor’s notes, Criminal Record Checks, training, etc.
• Updates the Provincial CCRR Registry/Subsidy List to add/change or delete any Care Provider information.
• Maintains the map of all childcare providers.
• Keeps current active Care Provider List for Agassiz and Mission by adding new approved Care Providers and deleting the old
• Updates the CCRR Provincial Website with current information when required.
• Assists with the preparation of the CCRR Care Provider Registration binder.
• Assists with keeping Affordable Childcare Benefit application papers copied and available to clients.
• Assists with Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly stat collection through compiling of statistics and monthly reporting to program coordinator and manager.
• To maintain and develop lending library resources including checking inventory upon return and replaces or discontinues any items that are broken or missing, as well as follows up with the last borrower for return.
• Cleans toys from lending libraries, as well as any toys/materials used for drop-in programming.
• Has Theme/Resource Kits ready to be borrowed by Registered Care Providers and Licensed Centers.
• Keeps inventory lists and updates as necessary on computer data base.
• Keeps Care Provider files current and up to date.
• Notifies Care Providers well in advance when documents such as Criminal Record Checks, First Aid and Doctor’s references need to be renewed.
• Files all documentation in each Care Provider’s file
• Documents all Home Visits and Health and Safety Reviews in Care Providers files, and ensures the correct forms are used for documentation, according to the CCRR Provincial Standards Manual
What you bring
• Diploma in Early Childhood Education plus a minimum of two (2) years recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Excellent communication, organizational, computer and problem-solving skills essential
• Current First Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Food Safe Certification
• Successful completion of Criminal Record check
This position is open to all applicants and union membership is required.
Department: Child Care Resource and Referral
Reports to: Manager, Family Services
Wage: Grid 11 ($26.74 to $30.69)
Start date: At conclusion of posting
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com