Mission Community Services is looking for child minders to provide warm and welcoming childminding services while parents attend events and programs.
Under close supervision, a child minder assists senior staff to provide support and direct care to children under six, including special needs children or infants/toddlers, to stimulate and develop their intellectual and emotional growth. The child minder is responsible for creating a clean, safe, and secure environment, while providing a fun and engaging atmosphere
Requirements and Qualifications
- Grade 12 Education, plus enrolment in an Early Childhood Education program, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Current First Aid certification
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- The ability to collaborate and work with family, staff, and community partners to provide a holistic and nurturing environment for the child.
- The ability to adapt and engage, which reflects the needs and interest of the child.
- The ability to work in an environment where there is a high level of noise and distraction from children.
- The ability to pay close attention to the child’s physical and emotional needs.
- The ability to be involved in direct delivery of activities which may include moderate physical activity of walking, standing, bending, and lifting children up to 40 lbs.
This position is required to deal with groups of children at different developmental stages daily. Direct program delivery requires a moderate level of physical activity: walking, bending, standing, and reaching is required. As well, this position is exposed to varying weather conditions daily.
These positions are Casual and pay $22.79 per hour.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org