Join our Family Services team as a Clinical Counsellor and use your experience to work with individuals and couples to explore and improve family relationships and dynamics. You will facilitate understanding and modification of maladaptive coping strategies and behaviours. The ideal candidate would be experienced in trauma informed therapy and addictions.
We have an immediate need for a Counsellor on a part-time basis for 21 hours per week.
What you’ll do
- Assess profound social, psychological, emotional and/or behavioural issues and identify core areas of concern to be addressed by clinical counselling.
- Develop and implement therapeutic plans necessary to meet client goals and objectives. Provide individual and group counselling interventions using therapeutic techniques depending on client need.
- Provide follow-up support to clients after the end of therapy treatment.
- Monitor and evaluate clients functioning and interaction with family and friends and in the community. Advise other professionals involved with client’s case where further evaluation or more intensive treatment is required.
- Maintain knowledge of community resources and make appropriate referrals to clients to meet their needs.
- Provide consultation to those working with client cases (i.e. social workers, probation officers, other organization staff, and other professionals).
- Prepare reports on clients’ behaviour and progress. Maintain clinical records indicating the nature and duration of treatment.
- Participate in staff training sessions and public education forums, seminars and conferences relevant to specific program areas.
What you bring
- Master Level Graduates Degree in Counselling and Registered with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with relevant population.
- Excellent communication, organizational, computer and problem-solving skills essential
- Culturally competent
- Knowledge of local resources
- Current First Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Food Safe Certification
- Successful completion of Criminal Record check
This role is open to all applicants and requires union membership (BCGEU). The current starting wage is $41.78 per hour. Benefits include extended health, dental, life insurance, long term disability, employee and family assistance, Municipal Pension Plan.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com