In this position you will provide intake, monitor, and attend to the well-being and safety of EWR clients during the night. You will also be responsible for maintaining a comfortable and clean-living environment and be a support for the regular running of Haven in the Hollow.
What you’ll do
- Monitor residents through the night and attend to any medical and behavioural needs that arise.
- Respond to emergencies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that everyone follows shelter rules.
- Ensure that logbooks and other documentation such as incident reports are complete.
- Perform housekeeping duties such as vacuuming, dusting, emptying garbage, cleaning, and laundry.
- Perform minor building maintenance such as changing light bulbs. Report maintenance needs to the supervisor.
- Secure the building by arming alarms and locking doors and windows.
- Participate in all mandatory staff meetings and in-service presentations.
- Maintain connections with related community agencies, health/social services, and organizations.
- Maintain and submit accurate reports and statistics.
- Maintain a current knowledge of, and comply with, all organizational policy and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
What you bring
- Grade 12 plus six (6) months recent related experience. Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Current First Aid certificate is required.
- Successful completion of Criminal Record check
- Strong knowledge of a client centered approach and an understanding of the issues related to mental health, substance use, homelessness, and poverty.
- Strong verbal, written and active listening skills; able to communicate effectively and respectfully with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- A flexible nature, and the ability to adapt to constantly changing situations.
- Effective crises de-escalation and dispute resolution skills along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to participate in activities which may include moderate physical activity of walking, standing, bending.
Location: Haven in the Hollow Shelter
Status: On Call, based on EWR alerts
Wage: Grid 6 ($22.79 – $26.15), plus 10.6% in lieu of vacation and stats
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com