As a Outreach Worker, you will provide support services, practical assistance, information, and referrals to people who use substances and the community, using the harm reduction model. This position will also collaborate and be part of the team responsible for preventing overdoses, preventing blood-borne virus transmission, strengthening access to health and social services among people who use substances as well as reducing stigma and discrimination associated with substance use. Furthermore, the Harm Reduction Outreach worker will work closely with the Outreach Coordinator to provide services to Homeless Outreach Program (HOP) and Homeless Prevention Program (HPP).
Requirements and Qualifications
· Related Diploma or Certificate
· One (1) year recent related experience; an equivalent combination of education, training and experience would also be considered
· Confidentiality as per Agency and legislative requirements
· Successful completion of Criminal Record check.
· Ability to understand and maintain clientele/worker boundaries.
· Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office
If you are interested in a career like this with a great organization, please submit your resume and cover letter (saved as one Word document) referencing HRO-2022-05 on all documents.
This position is open to female and male applicants and requires union membership.
Please note, only candidates selected will be contacted for interviews
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.93-$25.19 per hour
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.