Mission Community Services Society is hiring Casual (On-Call) Residence Workers to provide support and advocacy for all persons facing barriers to traditional housing. We offer housing and shelter on a 24-hour basis so your schedule must be flexible in order to regularly accept shifts.
What you’ll do
- Support clients to gain independent living through support of life skills and referrals to other community agencies.
- Perform intake and orientation of new clients.
- Ensure residents follow the terms of their residency and are aware of the rules of the facility
- Provide emotional support and feedback to residents and their families
- Participate as part of the team responsible for the efficient functioning of operations.
- Ensure the wellbeing and safety of all clients and staff.
- Recognize and respond to potential risks and emergency situations to minimize harm to clients, staff, and/or the public.
- Take proactive measures to prevent potential aggressions and escalations.
- Maintains daily client information and activity logs.
- Ensures required documentation is complete, timely, and accurate.
What you bring
- Post secondary education in social services; or Grade 12 plus minimum 2 years’ experience working with relevant population; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication, organizational, computer and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Ability to perform First Aid, CPR, and administer Naloxone.
- Ability to complete general housekeeping duties (i.e., sweeping, mopping, wiping areas, laundry, etc)
- Current First Aid certification
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Food Safe Certification would be an asset
- Successful completion of Criminal Record check
This position is open to all applicants and union membership is required.
Job Type: Casual
BCGEU Grid 10: $25.05-$28.75 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org