Since its inception in 1972, Mission Community Services has maintained a focus on helping fellow community members who need assistance to cope with the realities of life. What started out as neighbours helping neighbours over 50 years ago has evolved into an organization that operates dozens of programs applicable to virtually all populations in the community.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Residence Worker in supportive housing. The position is 40 hours per week, Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
What you’ll do
The purpose of this position is to help support clients’ gain independent living through support of life skills and referrals to other community agencies. Personnel are required to oversee the intake and care of clients in the housing program. Participates as part of the team responsible for the efficient functioning of operations by assisting clients improve their ability to perform activities of daily living. They are also responsible to ensure the wellbeing and safety of all clients.
What you bring
- Post-secondary education, plus a minimum 2 years’ experience working with relevant population, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current First Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Food Safe Certification
- Successful completion of Criminal Record check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication, organizational, computer and problem-solving skills essential
- Culturally competent
- Knowledge of local resources
Department: Housing & Shelter
Status: Full-time 40 hours per week
Wage: Grid 10 ($21.63-25.19)
Start date: ASAP
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com