- This event has passed.
Administration for Family Child Care Course: Self-Paced Online (Register Anytime & Starts May 17th onwards)
June 15, 2021 @ 12:00 am - 11:30 pm$100.00
REGISTER ANYTIME, COURSE STARTS MAY 17th ONWARDS
Through interactive sessions, this 16-hour course guides participants to explore best practices in family child care as well as basic business practices like how to project a family child care business budget, record keeping, organizing expenses, and paperwork to be ready for tax season. We will identify and review policies and procedures needed in family child care and as a final assignment participants will create or review and update their own parent’s manual containing their centre’s policies, contracts, daily schedule, programming, etc. (i.e. Parent Package).
- Become familiar with CCRR best practices in family child care.
- Identify and review policies and procedures and create a Parent Package (parent’s manual containing centre’s policies, contracts, daily schedule, programming, etc.) or review and update an existing one.
- Explore basic business practices.
- Obtain basic knowledge about Affordable Child care Benefit.
- Learn effective strategies for forming positive relationships with families.
Suitable for registered or licensed family child care providers who would like to refine their administration skills and/or review their Parent Package.
This course is for participants who have taken the 20-hour Responsible Adult course and would like to continue their career in child care by opening their own family child care business.
This 16-hour course alone does not qualify participants to become registered or licensed family child care providers, or open a family child care business. For more information contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral Office (CCRR) or Licensing Office.
Cost: $100 per participant with a workbook included and access to the course content for 1 year. This is a non credit course (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree). You can register and start this course anytime based on your schedule.
Location: Online – Self-Paced
Before you register:
- We offers interactive, live workshops as opposed to webinars or lectures. In an online environment this requires a reliable internet connection, an updated device and enabling the camera and microphone for the duration of each session. These are basic requirements to attend our workshops and to receive a certificate of participation so please consider this before you register.
- The workshop/course will take place via Zoom. A link for all sessions will be emailed to you 2 days before the workshop.
- Check your email settings and your spam folder.
- If you are new to Zoom watch the videoHow to Join a Zoom Meeting. You do not need to download Zoom to attend, but access may be quicker when logged in to Zoom. You can download Zoom for free at us/signup.
- Join each session by clicking the link 15 min. before start time.
- Doors close 15 min. after start time.
- Workshops/courses are never recorded. If you miss a session, there is no way to make it up and you will not receive a certificate.
- A certificate will be emailed to participants who attend all sessions, after completion.
- Exploring the self-reflection resources/materials will count for 5 additional hours of independent learning on your certificate for a total of 20 hours.
- More questions? Read our Workshop FAQs.
- Carefully read all policies.
- Be 19 years of age at the time of registration.
- Have grade 8 English written and oral skills (or equivalent) to actively participate during class.
- Attend all sessions in order to receive a certificate of completion and satisfactorily complete the Parent Package which must be approved by the Instructor before the course ends.
- Enable the camera and microphone to participate in this course.
- It is strongly recommended that you join from a computer, rather than a smartphone.
- The course workbook is copyrighted material and should not be copied or reproduced in any way.
- Registrants have one-year of online access to the workbook, which contains all of the course materials, as well as valuable tools and resources.
- This is a non-credit course (cannot be applied towards the completion of a degree).
- This is a self- paced workshop – you will receive a link via email. After watching the presentation, you will need to then answer all of the questions about the presentation correctly to receive your certificate.
Register for the course by purchasing a ticket below. For more information email [email protected] or call 604-826-3634.