- This event has passed.
Autism in Early Childhood: Self-Paced Online Workshop (Register from Jan. 3rd – Jan. 31st)
This 6-hour self-paced online course will dive into Autism and explain to you what you need to know as an educator working with a child that has Autism. The course will help you learn the basics and background of Autism spectrum disorder, giving you the skills to help children with Autism thrive in your childcare environment.
What you’ll learn:
- You will learn About the autism spectrum and what it means to be autistic.
- You will learn About various therapeutic treatments and methods to help teach someone with autism how to better communicate and relate to the world and help them thrive.
- You will understand How to deal with a child’s tantrums and emotional outbursts in an effective and caring way, so that the child might learn how to express themselves in a calmer and collected fashion.
- You will learn how to recognize the signs and symptoms of autism.
- You will be given a brief insight into the treatment and interventions for Autism.
For more information, please read the Child Care Regulations at health.gov.bc.ca/ccf/child_care.html
Cost: $15 per participant. Participants must be at least 19 years old to register, attend all sessions and satisfactory complete all assignments to receive a certificate of completion. 6-hour workshop credit. Registration runs from January 3 – January 31, 2022 and you can start this course anytime based on your schedule.
Date Available: Online – 6-hour Self-Paced Workshop (start and work at your own pace)
Before you register:
- This is a self- paced workshop – you will receive a link via email. After watching the presentation, you will need to then answer all of the questions about the presentation correctly to receive your certificate.
- Check your email settings and your spam folder.
- A certificate will be emailed to participants who attend all sessions, after completion.
- More questions? Read our Workshop FAQs.
- Carefully read all policies.
- Be 19 years of age at the time of registration.
- Have grade 8 English written and oral skills (or equivalent) to actively participate during class.
- Answer all questions correctly in order to receive a certificate of completion.
- Enable the camera and microphone to participate in this course.
- It is strongly recommended that you join from a computer, rather than a smartphone.
- The course workbook is copyrighted material and should not be copied or reproduced in any way.
Register for the course by purchasing a ticket below. For more information email [email protected] or call 778-201-2367.