- This event has passed.
Christmas Workshop Event
December 1 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
*** Must be employed by a childcare facility registered with Mission CCRR to attend.
Join us for this amazing workshop on Puppets and Empathy and Christmas Social Gathering
Pasta bar- Specialty coffees- Door prizes – 2 hours Workshop
Date :Thursday December 1, 2022
Time: Doors open at 5:30
5:30-6:30 Social Gathering, including Pasta bar, Specialty coffees and Door prizes for everyone through out the evening
6:30-8:30 Make and Take Puppets and Empathy ( puppet kit included -make at event or take home up to you)
Location : The Penny Cafe- 33128 1st ave Mission
Workshop – How Puppets can help young children understand Empathy
When we choose to empathize with somebody, we make a vulnerable choice, because we have to connect with something in ourselves that knows that feeling. When we choose to empathize with the children we work with, we choose to help them communicate the feelings they are feeling but cannot name.
Puppets can help us by supporting our children in expressing feelings that otherwise might keep dormant or suppress. Puppets can put a smile on a child’s face. Puppets help adults become silly, be a child again, and explore the unknown. Making a puppet can help adults de-stress and become creative.
Join us in this interactive workshop and learn more about empathy and puppets. In this workshop you will learn how to use puppets to help children express how they feel. You will learn to make a cone puppet, and you will learn the benefits of using puppets in your daily interaction with children.
“Empathy is a choice” – Brené Brown.
Presenter : Oana Nistor
Oana Nistor is an Early Childhood Educator, Montessori teacher and story teller. She has been working in the ECE field for over 20 years. Presently teaching the Early Childhood Education program at Ridge Meadows College in Maple Ridge.
“I am passionate about children and I am passionate about stories and their teaching power. I am fascinated by the power of stories and more importantly the benefits and the lessons we can learn from stories.”
This workshop is funded by the ECE PD Bursary fund.
There is no cost to attend this event but space is limited to 40 participants
You will recieve a Certificate for 1.5 workshop hours.
Since we are limited in numbers and need to report stats to bursary funding, please be considerate when registering that you will be able to attend. If you find you can not attend once registered please let us know as soon as possible so that we can open the spot up for someone that can attend.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop/course description and make sure the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Participants must be employed by a childcare facility registered with Mission CCRR
- Participants must stay for the full workshop/course & actively participate to receive a certificate.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time of workshop portion in respect to facilitator and participants.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop/course time. Please make childcare arrangements.
- Workshop is free Registration is online only limited to 40 participants.
- Let us know if you will not be attending as soon as posible.
- Must fill out a survey at the end of workshop.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop/course date.
- Everyone in the class must abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct.
- These are non-credit workshops/courses, meaning they cannot be applied towards the completion of a university or college certificate, diploma or degree.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or look on their website here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/early-learning/teach/training-and-professional-development/become-an-early-childhood-educator/renew-maintain-ece-certification
- While facilitators strive to cover each workshop’s content as outlined in the description as closely as possible, it is important to point out that each educator is on an individual and unique learning pathway.
Register for the course by purchasing a ticket below. For more information email [email protected] or call 778-201-2367.
If tickets are sold out and you want to be added to waitlist please let us know.