- This event has passed.
Creating a Calm Connection
September 11, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$5.00
Join us for a relaxing morning of yoga!
Yoga is a great experience for adults and children; improving concentration, promoting imagination and having fun with music and movement.
Participants will learn strategies to create a calming environment and to promote relaxation in their programs. Learn why mindfulness, meditation and gratitude practices are important to children. Leave with mindfulness and gratitude activities that you can implement right away.
You will learn how to:
- Implement mindfulness and gratitude activities into your childcare program
- Create a calm environment and discover techniques to promote relaxation in the classroom.
Please wear comfortable clothing.
Location: MCSS Family Place – 33313 3rd Ave, Mission B.C.
Facilitator: Karen Lesage
- Karen is passionate about creating a space where all children are welcome, helping children develop self awareness, self management, social awareness, relationship and responsible decision making skills through yoga, mindfulness and gratitude practices, skills that they will be able to use throughout their lives.
- Karen has over 25 years of experience working with children from birth to nineteen years of age in child care and community settings. Throughout her career her focus has been on inclusion for all children. She is licensed Early Childhood Educator, Infant/Toddler Educator and Special Needs Educator.
- Karen is a certified Children’s Yoga Teacher, and has been trained in the Mindful Schools Curriculum.