- This event has passed.
Circle Time: Why Can’t You Sit Still
June 3 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$5.00
Do the words Circle Time cause your heart rate to increase or make you want to hide in the corner? Does the exercise seem like a constant battle of children neither listening nor sitting still? Why bother?
Come learn about the importance of Circle time, understand the elements of a good Circle time, how you can make it inclusive for all children to enjoy and participate and discover new resources to revitalize both your approach and priorities, to what might sometimes be one of the most challenging times of the day. And we will look at how we can do this in a fun and engaging way.
Location: MCSS Family Place – 7560 Hurd Street, Mission B.C.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop/course description and make sure the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Participants must be 19 years of age at the time of registration.
- The equivalent of Grade 8 high-school English understanding, written and oral skills are necessary to actively participate in class.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop/course & actively participate to receive a certificate.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to facilitator and participants.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop/course time. Please make childcare arrangements.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration to confirm a seat. Registration is online only.
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop/course date.
- Everyone in the class must abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct.
- These are non-credit workshops/courses, meaning they cannot be applied towards the completion of a university or college certificate, diploma or degree.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or look on their website here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/early-learning/teach/training-and-professional-development/become-an-early-childhood-educator/renew-maintain-ece-certification
- While facilitators strive to cover each workshop’s content as outlined in the description as closely as possible, it is important to point out that each educator is on an individual and unique learning pathway.
Register for the course by purchasing a ticket below. For more information email [email protected] or call 604-826-3634.