- This event has passed.
Effects of Trauma on Children (Self-Paced Online – Registration open between Aug 1-31st)
August 31, 2021$15.00
Join us for this 6-hour self-paced workshop on trauma informed care.
We all probably have children who we work with that have been through some kind of trauma in their lives, whether it be a parent separation, the loss of a loved one, Covid-19 related or something else that has happened in their past.
Trauma effects how a child’s brain develops and this in turn effects the outward behaviors that we often experience whilst they are in our care, leading us to question how we can best care for the child.
This workshop aims to offer practical information to caregivers and professionals on why certain behaviours may be present, and how they can support their children in moving towards growth and healing.
- Examine the impact of trauma on neurological development
- Explore the impact of trauma on attachment systems.
- Foster a greater understanding of behavioural patterns associated with trauma
- Develop tools and strategies to support the children in our lives
Note: Once you have purchased this course, you will be sent an email that contains PowerPoints with written information to read through and video links to watch. Once you have completed all 3 parts there are questions to answer. Your answers will need to be sent [email protected] to receive your certificate.
The registration deadline for this course is August 31st, though you are welcome to start the course at any time.
Location: Self-Paced Online
Before you register:
- This is a self- paced workshop – you will receive a link via email. After watching the presentation, you will need to then answer all of the questions about the presentation correctly to receive your certificate.
- Check your email settings and your spam folder.
- A certificate will be emailed to participants who attend all sessions, after completion.
- More questions? Read our Workshop FAQs.
- Carefully read all policies.
- Be 19 years of age at the time of registration.
- Have grade 8 English written and oral skills (or equivalent) to actively participate during class.
- Answer all questions correctly in order to receive a certificate of completion.
- Enable the camera and microphone to participate in this course.
- It is strongly recommended that you join from a computer, rather than a smartphone.
- The course workbook is copyrighted material and should not be copied or reproduced in any way.
Register for the course by purchasing a ticket below. For more information email [email protected] or call 604-826-3634.