- This event has passed.
Learning together, Sharing Métis Culture / Make and take- In person workshop
September 22 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$5.00
Maachi Kashkihtow Mamawii ( Learning together, Sharing Métis Culture)– In Person workshop
includes Make and take beading
Métis Nation British Columbia Ministry of Education presents a workshop in understanding, identifying,
and supporting Métis children and culture in early years programming. Through an interactive
workshop, facilitators will share information on Métis history and culture in Canada. Understanding who
Métis are, and ways individuals can connect. Through cultural resources, facilitators will demonstrate
how to incorporate cultural items into early years programs and activities, to ensure children learn more
about the Métis culture. Métis children and families will begin to see themselves reflected in the
programming provided within their community. Throughout the workshop participants and facilitators
will encompass and reflect on the Métis core values while engaging in an interactive workshop that
focuses on relationships, connectivity and collaboration of knowledge and learning.
Presented by Métis Nation British Columbia Ministry of Education
Location – 33313 3rd avenue Mission ( at CCRR office/ Family place) 6-8pm
Requirements/Policies: This workshop is non- refundable.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop/course description and make sure the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Participants must be 19 years of age at the time of registration.
- The equivalent of Grade 8 high-school English understanding, written and oral skills are necessary to actively participate in class.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop/course & actively participate to receive a certificate.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to facilitator and participants.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop/course time. Please make childcare arrangements.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration to confirm a seat. Registration is online only.
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop/course date.
- Everyone in the class must abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct.
- These are non-credit workshops/courses, meaning they cannot be applied towards the completion of a university or college certificate, diploma or degree.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or look on their website here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/early-learning/teach/training-and-professional-development/become-an-early-childhood-educator/renew-maintain-ece-certification
- While facilitators strive to cover each workshop’s content as outlined in the description as closely as possible, it is important to point out that each educator is on an individual and unique learning pathway.
Register for the course by purchasing a ticket below. For more information email [email protected] or call 778-201-2367.