- This event has passed.
Music and Movement
June 24 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$5.00
We made it to summer! Let’s celebrate with a collection of new or renewed music experiences including singing, speech, movement, instruments and simple visual aids. We will explore a variety of topics with a big focus on the great outdoors…where it is safer to sing with our children. Come ready to sing, move and play.
Please prepare your space with lighting in front and facing you to allow me to see you and a bit or room to allow for a modest amount of movement.
Chris Roskelley is an ECE with over 38 years of experience. For the past 25 years, she has worked as a music enrichment teacher primarily at UBC Child care. Along with her work with children Chris teaches the music and movement course in the Burnaby and Delta ECE Continuing Education programs.
Location: Online – Self-Paced
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop/course description and make sure the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Participants must be 19 years of age at the time of registration.
- The equivalent of Grade 8 high-school English understanding, written and oral skills are necessary to actively participate in class.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop/course & actively participate to receive a certificate.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to facilitator and participants.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop/course time. Please make childcare arrangements.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration to confirm a seat. Registration is online only.
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop/course date.
- Everyone in the class must abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct.
- These are non-credit workshops/courses, meaning they cannot be applied towards the completion of a university or college certificate, diploma or degree.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or look on their website here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/early-learning/teach/training-and-professional-development/become-an-early-childhood-educator/renew-maintain-ece-certification
- While facilitators strive to cover each workshop’s content as outlined in the description as closely as possible, it is important to point out that each educator is on an individual and unique learning pathway.
Register for the course by purchasing a ticket below. For more information email [email protected] or call 604-826-3634.