- This event has passed.
Self-Paced Online Workshop – Exploring Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
December 31, 2021$15.00
Do you have children who struggle with inattention, hyperactivity, distractibility, issues focusing, or avoidance of activities that require sustained focus?
This workshop will begin with an introduction of the neurobiological and environmental roots of ADHD, followed by an exploration of effective caregiving strategies and skills, with a final look at the importance of relationship-based caring. Caregivers will walk away with a full “tool-box” of tools and resources to help the children in their lives thrive.
Location: Online Self-Paced Workshop
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop/course description and make sure the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Participants must be 19 years of age at the time of registration.
- The equivalent of Grade 8 high-school English understanding, written and oral skills are necessary to actively participate in class.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop/course & actively participate to receive a certificate.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to facilitator and participants.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop/course time. Please make childcare arrangements.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration to confirm a seat. Registration is online only.
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop/course date.
- Everyone in the class must abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct.
- These are non-credit workshops/courses, meaning they cannot be applied towards the completion of a university or college certificate, diploma or degree.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or look on their website here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/early-learning/teach/training-and-professional-development/become-an-early-childhood-educator/renew-maintain-ece-certification
- While facilitators strive to cover each workshop’s content as outlined in the description as closely as possible, it is important to point out that each educator is on an individual and unique learning pathway.
Register for the course by purchasing a ticket below. For more information email [email protected] or call 778-201-2367 .