- This event has passed.
Part 2 Brain development and The benefits of Outdoor Risky Play online(registration tickets on part one)
May 12 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Brain Development and The benefits of Outdoor Risky Play – 2 Parts
* Part 1 Self paced May 1-12, 2022
* Part 2 Online May 12, 2022 6:30-8pm
To receive the 4-hour certificate both parts of this workshop need to be attended and completed, no certificate will be given if you do not complete both the self-paced and the online portion.
Join us for this two-part workshop on brain development and the benefits of outdoor risky play.
Discover the benefits of risky outdoor play and how it helps children’s brain development when managed and organized properly. We all want to keep our children safe when they’re playing,
It seems kind of intuitive to us all that risky play comes with lots of benefits. When we see children climbing trees, rolling down hills, jumping off logs, and just generally having good physical fun, clearly good things are happening.
But what are the main benefits of risky play? Part 1 ( self paced ) Video presentation followed by a series of questions to send back. Runs May 1-12
Part 2 Online discussion about risky play and Brain development
Part 1 must be completed prior to May 12- Part 2 online 6:30-8
To register, purchase a ticket For part 1. For more information email [email protected] or call 778-201-2367
Location: Online Workshop
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop/course description and make sure the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Participants must be 19 years of age at the time of registration.
- The equivalent of Grade 8 high-school English understanding, written and oral skills are necessary to actively participate in class.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop/course & actively participate to receive a certificate.
- For Online workshops- You must have your full name (not” Iphone ” ) visible on screen to be counted as attending the workshop. ( If you can not add your name please put in chat box)
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to facilitator and participants.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop/course time. Please make childcare arrangements.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration to confirm a seat. Registration is online only.
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop/course date.
- Everyone in the class must abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct.
- These are non-credit workshops/courses, meaning they cannot be applied towards the completion of a university or college certificate, diploma or degree.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or look on their website here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/early-learning/teach/training-and-professional-development/become-an-early-childhood-educator/renew-maintain-ece-certification
- While facilitators strive to cover each workshop’s content as outlined in the description as closely as possible, it is important to point out that each educator is on an individual and unique learning pathway.