- This event has passed.
Responsible Adult in Childcare Settings: Self-Paced Course (register and start anytime)
June 30 @ 12:00 am - 11:59 pm$100.00
REGISTER & START ANYTIME- SELF PACED COURSE – This course was developed by Westcoast CCRC to meet the requirements for 20 hours “Responsible Adult” training as stipulated by the Child Care Regulation. Through online sessions, it covers basic concepts about child development from birth to 12 years of age, child guidance, health, safety and nutrition, and programming. This course meets the training to become a Registered Licensed Not Required (RLNR) with the CCRR Program.
Online interactive sessions cover basic concepts about:
- Child growth and development
- Learning through play
- Guiding and caring for children
- Health safety and nutrition
- Licensed family child care
- School-age group care (licensed)
- Occasional child care (licensed)
- Replacement or substitute/casual on-call for Early Childhood Education Assistant in licensed group care centres or preschools.
- Casual family drop-in programs, family child care assistants, or other related positions.
For more information, please read the Child Care Regulations at health.gov.bc.ca/ccf/child_care.html
Cost: $100 per participant with a workbook included and access to the course content for 1 year. Participants must be at least 19 years old to register, attend all sessions and satisfactory complete all assignments to receive a certificate of completion. This is a non credit course (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree). You can register and start this course anytime based on your schedule.
Location: Online – Self-Paced
Before you register:
- We offer interactive, live workshops as opposed to webinars or lectures. In an online environment this requires a reliable internet connection, an updated device and enabling the camera and microphone for the duration of each session. These are basic requirements to attend our workshops and to receive a certificate of participation so please consider this before you register.
- The workshop/course will take place via Zoom. A link for all sessions will be emailed to you 2 days before the workshop.
- Check your email settings and your spam folder.
- If you are new to Zoom watch the video How to Join a Zoom Meeting. You do not need to download Zoom to attend, but access may be quicker when logged in to Zoom. You can download Zoom for free at us/signup.
- Join each session by clicking the link 15 min. before start time.
- Doors close 15 min. after start time.
- Workshops/courses are never recorded. If you miss a session, there is no way to make it up and you will not receive a certificate.
- A certificate will be emailed to participants who attend all sessions, after completion.
- Exploring the self-reflection resources/materials will count for 5 additional hours of independent learning on your certificate for a total of 20 hours.
- More questions? Read our Workshop FAQs.
- Carefully read all policies.
- Be 19 years of age at the time of registration.
- Have grade 8 English written and oral skills (or equivalent) to actively participate during class.
- Attend all sessions in order to receive a certificate of completion.
- Enable the camera and microphone to participate in this course.
- It is strongly recommended that you join from a computer, rather than a smartphone.
- The course workbook is copyrighted material and should not be copied or reproduced in any way.
- Registrants have one-year online access to the workbook, which contains all of the course materials, as well as valuable tools and resources.
- This is a non-credit course (cannot be applied towards the completion of a degree).
- This is a self- paced workshop – you will receive a link via email. After watching the presentation, you will need to then answer all of the questions about the presentation correctly to receive your certificate.
Register for the course by purchasing a ticket below. For more information email [email protected] or call 604-826-3634.