It is with a mix of sadness and gratitude that Mission Community Services Society (MCSS) Board of Directors announces the departure of Executive Director, Sanjay Gulati effective June 4, 2019. Sanjay has been provided with an exciting opportunity in Galway, Ireland.
Over the past 7 years Sanjay has been instrumental in bringing many new initiatives to MCSS to assist the people we serve, ensure that our programs and services change lives and to collaboratively work to develop strong community partnerships.
While we will miss Sanjay and his passion for the people we serve, we wish him the best of luck as he embarks on his new chapter. We want to thank him for the years of dedicated service to growing our mission, strategy and values, which involved many significant accomplishments, including:
• Developing collaborative partnerships that are stronger than the individual parts
• Building a fiscally sound organization that allows us to fill gaps in meeting the social needs in our community
• Training and developing our volunteers and staff, with a commitment to honouring our vision, mission, values
• Setting a solid strategic plan that provides clear direction for the next five years
• Maintaining critical CARF program and service delivery standards
Sanjay brought more than a decade of community service work to his role and he drew on that experience and lessons learned to enhance MCSS services and programs.
We have begun a search to find a new Executive Director for MCSS. I am pleased to announce that Karen Laing, Manager Governance and Resource Development will move into the interim Executive Director role until we find the best individual to lead our organization.
Again, we cannot thank Sanjay enough for his dedication, passion, enthusiasm and motivation he has given our organization over the past seven years. He will be greatly missed by the staff, Board, volunteers, clients and supporters alike. We look forward to following the success of his career and are excited for the next chapter of MCSS as we continue the important work to enrich the lives of the people we serve.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me [email protected]
Bob Ingram, Chair MCSS Board of Directors
PRESS RELEASE ISSUED APRIL 18, 2019.