Community Volunteer Income Tax Clinic Suspended Until Further Notice

For the safety of our clients and staff during COVID-19, we have suspended our Community Volunteer Income Tax Program at Mission Community Services until further notice.  The due date for filing individual tax returns has been extended to June 1st, 2020. Taxpayers will have until September 1, 2020 to pay any 2019 income tax amounts owed.

Please note: Completing your taxes are important. If you do not file your 2019 taxes by the June 1st deadline, your benefits for 2020 will not be provided by the government (ex. GST/HST credit, pensions, healthcare benefits). 

Individuals can file their taxes using the following alternative services:


  • If you can access a computer, you can file online using CRA certified tax-filing software.
  • There are a variety of software products to meet their needs, some of which are free!

File my Return:

  • File My Return is a free, secure and easy-to-use automated telephone service for eligible people with low income or a fixed income whose situations remained unchanged from year to year.
  • Those who are eligible will have received an invitation letter in the mail in February 2020 or in their T1 income tax and benefit package.
  • If you have questions, you can call the CRA’s individual tax enquiries line at 1-800-959-8281 or visit’s File My Return.
  • The service will verify and confirm the caller’s eligibility at the beginning of the call. If the caller is not eligible, the automated call will not let them go further in the process.

Paper Filing:

  • You can still file your income tax return on paper. If you filed on paper last year and you address information with the CRA is up-to-date, you should have received your paper tax package in the mail by February 17, 2020.
  • You can view, download and order forms here or call the CRA at 1-855-330-3305 to order a copy. Please keep in mind that it may take 10 days for delivery.

Other Options

  • You have the option to use other companies to get your taxes completed. These options include H&R Block, Liberty Tax, or a private tax company. You will be required to pay for these services, and will have to follow their protocols.