Since 1972 Mission Community Services Society’s Christmas Bureau has made a difference in the lives of thousands of vulnerable families by providing festive food hampers and toys at Christmas time.
Once again, we are reaching out to the community through our “Wish Campaign” to collect cash and in-kind donations to make a difference, not only for families, but also for single adults including senior citizens who find it difficult to make ends meet at this time of year. In the photo above you can see volunteer leaders of Mission Christmas Bureau, Mika Brosseau and Lesley Drown, who are excited about the 2017 campaign.
Our campaign kicks off, with the objective of raising $100,000 in cash donations. Your gift in cash and in kind are both needed and appreciated, not only to assist the vulnerable people at Christmas time, but also to help operate our Emergency Food Centre – Mission Kitchens throughout the year.
You have three ways of contributing to the “Wish Campaign” over the coming weeks.
- On Line. Simply visit the MCSS website at missioncommunityservices.com and follow the link to donate.
- In-person. We are easy to find and we would love to meet you. Just drop by our offices at 33179 Second Avenue in Mission – the coffee is on us. We can accept your donation and issue a tax receipt (for any amount over $25).
- Support an event. A number of groups and organizations have already committed to raise funds for this year’s campaign. You can connect with them or start your own to support Christmas Bureau – Wish Campaign.
We are expanding the 2017 program:
- To include vulnerable seniors
- Reducing our overhead by first time running the campaign coordinated by a group of volunteers supported by excellent team of experienced and new volunteers. This will help us extend more of your donations directly to the people in need.
Donations can be dropped off at the Food Centre – Mission Kitchens/Christmas Bureau – Wish Campaign at 32646 Logan Avenue, or at Mission Community Services Society head office at 33179 Second Avenue or at our seasonal satellite office open from Nov. 13 to Dec. 23 at Unit 142 (next to The Source) in the Mission Junction Mall.
Mission Christmas Bureau – Wish Campaign takes registration for its festive hampers. Personal identification, proof of income and residence, and proof of children’s identification are required.
REGISTRATION FOR HAMPERS BEGINS IN OCTOBER AND CLOSES IN DECEMBER.
Hamper details for 2017 will soon be posted here on this website.