Trauma Informed Practice for Educator/Caregivers
presented by Catherine Drennan MCFD
Learn how adverse childhood experience (ACES) could lead to lifelong challenges and struggles, dive into what trauma is and how it impacts brain development and discuss the importance of connection and how everyday experiences impact brain development.
Explore the importance of self-care and your window of tolerance, learn strategies to reduce and/ or eliminate explosive behaviors, create a sensory informed environment
Date Saturday March 2, 2024
Times 9:00 am –3:30pm ( Doors open at 8:30)
Location Heritage Middle School 33700 Prentis Mission BC
You must be registered to attend
Requirements/Policies: This workshop is non- refundable.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop/course description and make sure the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Participants must be 19 years of age at the time of registration.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop/course & actively participate to receive a certificate.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to facilitator and participants.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration to confirm a seat. Registration is online only.
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop/course date.
- Everyone in the class must abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct.
- These are non-credit workshops/courses, meaning they cannot be applied towards the completion of a university or college certificate, diploma or degree.
- While facilitators strive to cover each workshop’s content as outlined in the description as closely as possible, it is important to point out that each educator is on an individual and unique learning pathway.
Register for the course by purchasing a ticket below. For more information email [email protected] or call 778-201-2367.