Helping People, Changing Lives, Building Community
At Mission Community Services Society, we are a team of professional staff and volunteers dedicated to supporting our residents in a way that achieves or maintains their sense of independence. We build inclusive and healthy partnerships and support and empower people to be contributing members of our community.
We work hard to find effective long term solutions to complex problems. And most importantly, we are committed to our vision of Helping People, Changing Lives, and Building Community.
What we do
- Provide information about English language programs (LINC).
- Provide information about accessing no/low-cost medical/dental clinics.
- Provide community resource links to information about landlord/tenant rights.
- Provide information about community volunteering and/or paid positions.
- Explain how to take public transit, purchase transit tickets and passes, and obtain transit maps.
- Explain where and how to obtain a driving licence and assist with forms.
- Provide information about where to apply for income assistance.
- Assist with setting up bank accounts and other banking services if required.
- Assist with applying for Permanent Resident Cards and other visas.
- Outreach to all newly-arrived families.
- Information and Orientation sessions.
- Referral links to appropriate community resources.