Mission Community Services Society is helping people, changing lives and building community. We have a unique opportunity for a Community Liaison to join our team on a temporary full-time basis.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Community Outreach Manager, the Community Liaison plans the day-to-day operations of the ambassador program and develops community support for shelter and housing programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitating training and deployment of program staff and volunteers
- Coordinating activities of staff and volunteers at community events
- Gathering statistics and record keeping
- Coordinating educational programs for community members regarding housing, food resources, shelter, and other programs as needed.
- Serving as a liaison between residents and police officers to resolve problems or concerns.
- Sharing information with the community about relevant local events and activities through community resources using social media channels or other communication avenues.
- Participating in community events such as neighborhood cleanups, and business openings.
- Coordinating with non-profit organizations to help low-income families, senior citizens, or other vulnerable populations.
- Participating in town hall meetings, community events, and neighborhood watch programs.
- Promoting awareness of community services available to residents, such as food pantries, homeless shelters, mental health counseling services, etc.
- Recruiting Ambassador Program volunteers
- Attending events to motivate volunteers, model community involvement, and act as ambassador for MCSS
What you bring
- Post-secondary education in a relevant area of study (preferably in social sciences, social work, community services), plus two (2) years of experience working in the community social services sector, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in event planning and volunteer coordination.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team environment with staff and volunteers.
- Ability to speak to small and large groups and engage volunteers and donors.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required and experience using social media tools is preferred.
- Valid driver’s licence is required.
- An Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate is required along with a Criminal Record Clearance for the Vulnerable Sector
This position is open to all applicants and union membership is required.
Wage: Grid 12 $28.32 per hour to start
The schedule is Tuesday thru Saturday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org