JES created an Essential Guide for ECE educators and employers so they may become familiar with
their rights and obtain further understanding of BC Employment Laws. This workshop has been
tailored to meet the needs and interests of Early Childhood Educator participants.
Part 1: BC Employment Laws’ Basics
This module will be tailored to provide Early Childhood Educators with an introduction to BC
Employment Laws and basic legal concepts.
Prerequisite: Prior knowledge of BC Employment Laws is not required.
Length: 2 hours
Learning Outcome: At the completion of the module, ECE educators will be able to ascertain the
● Identify when and how different employment laws apply
● Gain a fundamental understanding of what minimum standards employees are entitled
to in the workplace
● Knowledge of employment contracts and what to look out for when signing one
● Understand their fundamental rights and options when it comes to quitting or being
● Learn about the options for resolving disputes and seeking help
To register, purchase a ticket below. For more information email [email protected] or call 778-201-2367
Cost: Free ( you must register to attend)
Location: Online Workshop
Workshops are non refundable
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop/course description and make sure the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop/course & actively participate to receive a certificate.
- For Online workshops- You must have your full name (not” Iphone ” ) visible on screen to be counted as attending the workshop. ( If you can not add your name please put in chat box)
- Guest will be let in up until 15 minutes after start time in respect to facilitator and participants.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration to confirm a seat. Registration is online only.
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop/course date.
- Everyone in the class must abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct.
- These are non-credit workshops/courses, meaning they cannot be applied towards the completion of a university or college certificate, diploma or degree.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622
- While facilitators strive to cover each workshop’s content as outlined in the description as closely as possible, it is important to point out that each educator is on an individual and unique learning pathway.
- Workshops are non refundable.